A healthy and happy lifestyle is more than just eating healthy food or regular exercise. In older times healthy lifestyle was as easy as saying 123. However, it was until the advancement boom that our lives became sedentary. In the meantime, it has also become very easy for misinformation to harm you because of the easy accessibility of so much information.
Still, it is extremely important for us to always look for reliable information instead of hearsay. In fact, due to such things, the best general physicians in Karachi want you to take care of your health and avoid self-medication. As self-medication is one of the greatest dangers to your health.
Now, without much a do, let’s have a look at quirky fun facts about healthy lifestyles. These tips won’t only make you healthy but will also be helping you regarding your safety.
- Approximately 650 muscles are present in your body.
- The average weight of a human on earth is around 62 kilos.
- It may take 10-15 minutes for you to eat food. But, it would take several hours for your body to digest the food.
- Keeping yourself hydrated and drinking enough water naturally aids in maintaining the pH of your body.
- About 30% of the population worldwide is obese.
- Apart from being the largest organ of the body, your skin also protects your body from various infections and diseases. It also helps in regulating the temperature of your body and helps in the production of vitamins.
- It is also possible that you can suffer from dehydration from back pain. The reason is that the core of the spinal disc consists of a large volume of water.
- The risk of breast cancer increases if someone has dense breasts. The reason is that breast cancer normally forms in the glandular tissue, which is in the high ratio in the dense breasts. For proper diagnosis, you need to have a mammogram test.
- Due to the more tissue content in the left breast, the chances of women suffering from breast cancer on the left side of the breast are greater than on the right breast,
- Various studies show that breastfeeding can lower the risk of breast cancer. While the risk increases in non-feeding mothers and women with no children.
- Even though having a low fertility rate, a down syndrome person can still have children. The child can still have a 50% chance of suffering from down syndrome but modern medical technology can still help you with it.
- People can have weird phobias related to the human body. For example, some people have fear of hair, it is called “chaetophia”. The stem of weird phobias can be due to the traumatic experience. Omphalophia is another weird phobia that is a phobia from the navel.
- Half of the human DNA is made up of viruses. Around 100,000 viruses are present in the human body. This can make up to 8% of the total human genome.
- Human autoimmune diseases may also be linked with prehistoric viruses. As per the facts regarding viruses, the human genome has certain viral relics and which can be the reason behind the various disease immunities.
- It may sounds cliche, but drinking enough water can help you with your complexion. It can also make your face less prone to wrinkles.
- Your body fitness includes 5 main components i.e. body composition, flexibility, endurance, muscular strength, and our body’s ability to utilize oxygen.
- The blood flow of the muscles is improved by stretching. Not only this, it also helps in preventing injuries.
- Want to remove fat? Study shows that high-intensity interval workouts such as 10 minutes exercise are quite effective in it. This practice can also help in lowering insulin resistance and can surely improve your overall health.
- Brisk walking can help in lowering the risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and even diabetes.
- Spending time out such as surrounded by greening is proven to improve self-esteem. It also helps in reducing negative thoughts.
- The handwashing process should last for 20 seconds at least to be effective. About 5 milliliters of the soap should be used to completely cover the hands. Effective handwashing is good for reducing the risk of various diseases and infections.
- Reading a book can actually help cope with stress as reading can lower the level of stress hormone stress by 67%.
- Studies show that the level of serotonin in the brain can help predict suicide. A person having a lower level of this chemical makes them 6 times more prone to suicide.
- Heartbreak can be deadly. As various studies show that a person who is a victim of heartbreak is at high risk of suffering from coronary heart issues. It makes them vulnerable to dying due to a damaged coronary heart.
- Last, but not least, being lonely is bad for health. As per a study reported by Harvard University, extreme loneliness is linked to blood-clotting protein levels. These proteins can lead to stroke or heart attack. That is why being friendless is extremely deadly just like smoking.